- Create task
- How do I create a task?
- Task description
- Delegation of tasks
- Tasks assigned to you
These general functions are for the distribution and allocation of tasks, both within a company as well as to different companies in a project team. For a smooth operation you can with a click also have a full overview of all tasks created in the project, to whom they are allocated, and how many still need to be completed.
- Create a Pin or select an already existing Pin within which you want to create a task.
- Click on ‘+’ and select ‘Task’
- Add a new Description to the task, or
- Use a recently used Descriptions from this project
The status of a task can be as follows:
- Design: You can mark your task as ‘Design’, e.g. if it is not yet clear who should be allocated this task, or to release it for editing at a later date.
- Inactiv: If a task is set to ‘Inactiv’ it becomes hidden. It can always be revealed again, or re-activated.
A task can be assigned to anybody invited into the project (i.e. team member, free subcontractor).
- You can search for ‘Company’ or ‘User’, or
- You can first select the ‘Company’ and then the responsible ‘User’ within the company. If a Company only has one User, that User will be selected automatically.
Tip: The order of display of Users is based on the date of their invitations.
Tasks assigned to you
Mark as complete
If you have been allocated a task and completed it, you can ‘mark it as complete’. Click on ‘Comment’ to add an image or comment to your completed task as evidence.
Tip: The User who created the task now sees that you have ‘marked as done’. He can now ‘Close’ the task, or re-activate it ‘mark as undone’, if it has not been completed to his satisfaction.
If you have the license to manage tasks, and been allocated a task, you can ‘Delegate responsibility’ of the task to someone else.
Example: You are the main contractor and get all tasks initially allocated to you. This way, you can forward the task to the relevant subcontractors.
Click on ‘Delegate responsibility’ and select the company or User who should be given the task. Click on ‘Save’ to complete the process.
Due date / Deadline
Set a date and time for the required completion of a task.
If a task is still open but overdue, this becomes clearly visible. The due date can be extended.