In situations where a stable internet connection might not be readily available, you can download projects in advance and work offline using our docu tools app.
Make sure you have a stable internet connection at home or the office for the download process. Please refer to the guidelines to ensure a seamless experience with data sync.
NOTE: Depending on project size, internet quality, and the device capacity the download might take a bit longer to finish, so please do not close the app until the process is finished as that might cause errors and incomplete data download. For larger projects, it's a good strategy to start the download overnight.
On the tablet, there are 2 options to download data for offline use: downloading a whole project or single plans. On a smartphone, you can only download single plans.
- Download a whole project on the tablet:
- Click the cloud icon next to the project in the project list.
- A notification will indicate the required storage space on your device.
- Download single plans on tablet and smartphone:
- Tablet: Open a project and lick the
cloudicon for the plan you wish to download. - Smartphone: Open a project and swipe left on the plan you want to download. - If the plan is less than 100 MB in size, the download will start right away. - If the plan is larger than 100 MB, you will see a notification indicating the free local storage. - Click on
Syncand the plan will again be added to the queue. - You can add multiple plans to the download queue. - You will receive a notification once a plan from the ques was successfully downloaded.
- On the tablet, there is an additional
cloudicon in the top menu bar for the sync view menu.
- On the smartphone, the sync view icon is located in the tab bar.
- In the sync view, you can see all downloaded projects or plans and start syncing them simultaneously.
- Syncing uploads your offline changes and downloads any new data from other users.
NOTE: Always sync projects with a stable internet connection before starting to work offline to ensure you have the latest data.
Upload offline data
- After working offline, sync the projects again as soon as you have a stable internet connection to upload the data to the web app.
- Use the sync button in the sync view or individual project/plan buttons to start the sync.
- During the sync, the app will upload your changes and download any new data from other users.
NOTE: Keep the app open during the sync process to prevent errors and ensure consistent data upload.