To kickstart your project, importing plans is a crucial initial step. docu tools allows you to import plans in PDF, JPG, or PNG formats. Importing plans is available on both the web app and the iPad app. On the smartphone importing plans is not available.
Plan import in the web app
To import plans in the web app, you can follow these steps:
- Locate the plan import button in the plan list section of a project.
- If you're starting a new project, you will see the
Create folderbuttons in the center of the view.
- In an existing project with plans, the
Import plansbutton is located in the top right, above the plan list.
- If you're using the tile view of the plan list, click the
Add filebutton in the last tile of the view.
- In the plan import window, you can add one or multiple plans via Drag & Drop or with the
- After selecting the plans, you'll see a preview where you can make various edits to the plans.
- Adjust the folder destination, plan name, and orientation according to your preferences. - Please note that the plans orientation cannot be changed later, so ensure it's correct during import.
- If you're uploading multiple plans, adjust the settings for each file individually.
- Finally, click the
While the files are being uploaded, you can continue working in Docu Tools by hiding the upload progress view. The upload process will continue in the background. You can monitor the progress of your upload through the progress bar at the bottom of the screen.
Importing plans on iPad
The process for importing plans on the iPad app is very similar to the web app. Before uploading new plans, ensure you have a stable internet connection.
- Locate the
- If you're starting a new project, you will see the "Import plans" and "Create folder" buttons in the center of the view.
- In an existing project with plans, the "Import plans" button is located in the top right, above the plan list.
If you're using the tile view of the plan list, click the "Add file" button in the last tile of the view. 2. Upon clicking the button, you will be redirected to the import plans view. 3. In this view, you can add one or multiple plans using any of the three provided buttons:
Use the device's
Camerato take a picture and import it as a plan.
- Add a photo from the device's
Add a file in PDF, JPG, or PNG format using the
Filebutton. 4. After selecting the plans, you will see the preview where you can make various edits, just like in the web app. 5. Proceed by clicking the
there is again the option to
Hidethe upload view and continue working while the plans are being uploaded in the background. 6. To return to the view, simply click the
Import plansbutton again.
The main difference compared to the web app is that in this view, you have the option to directly download the plan files for offline use by clicking the respective cloud icon. Please note that if you are uploading new plans to a project that has already been downloaded, the newly imported plans will be downloaded immediately as well.